The musical thriller in retro radio play format
Murder at the mic!
Murder at the mic! - The only interactive musical thriller in retro radio play format! With live music from "The Convicts".
What does that mean? A fun evening of crime fiction with lots of surprises, unexpected twists and turns and lots of handmade music about murder and manslaughter!
A murderer is on the loose in St. Pauli. Chief Inspector Hallig is already waiting at the crime scene. And tonight you play along! Cold corpses - hot music!
What is MORD AM MIKRO! about? - Hamburg in the 1950s. The city lives in fear and terror. Who is the ominous murderer who is up to mischief in St. Pauli? And who will it be next? There is only one person who can help: the veteran Chief Inspector Hallig, who is joined in his investigation by the young, ambitious colleague Ingo Stolz. Both commissioners of the Hamburg homicide squad are on the trail of mysterious clues between the harbour, St. Pauli, bigwig mansions and the authorities.
With the help of the audience, Detective Superintendent Hallig investigates a series of murders on the Kiez and encounters a Hanseatic shadow world full of greed, corruption, lust and revenge. The accompanying songs, all of which tell of murder and manslaughter, are by Falco, Tom Jones, Bob Marley, Boney M. and Michael Jackson, among others.
idea and book - Gareth Jefferson Jones
directed by - Geriet Schieske
choreography - Jacqui Dunnley-Wendt
Translation of the "Plattdeutsch" text passages - Volker Holm
Premiere on Friday, 13 March 2015 in the Alfred-Rust-Festsaal Ahrensburg.
MORD AM MIKRO!® is a registered trademark.
Other previous crime scenes (excerpt):
- Ahrensburg, Alfred-Rust-Saal (3x!)
- Hamburg, First Stage Theater
- Brunsbüttel, Elbeforum
- Neustadt in Holstein, Theatersaal
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck, Stadthalle
- Bremervörde, Horizonte Festival
- Bad Oldesloe, KuB
- Husum, Speicher
- Kulturfestival SH
- Kulturschusterei Barmstedt
Press commentary on "Murder at the Mic!"
- Weser Kurier: "Many spectators' tummys are aching from laughing so hard."
- ahrensburg24.de: "Heaven - that was beautiful!!!"
- stormarn-kulturell.de: "The thunderous applause doesn't want to end".
- Lübecker Nachrichten: ""Mord am Mikro" had its acclaimed premiere in Ahrensburg".
- NDR TV: "The audience is having a blast!"